Festival Location - Salmon Creek School
1935 Bohemian Hwy., 2 miles north of Freestone
The Salmon Creek Falls Environmental Center is a visionary project that fosters eco-sustainability and provides environmental education to the community. From more than 2,500 nominated projects, Salmon Creek Falls Environmental Center has been selected as a Green Building of America Award-winning project.
For more information read this article at the Press Democrat.
You can access a map to the school here.
The following directions from the south are courtesy of the Bohemian Connection, one of the best resources for information on everything the Bohemian Highway has to offer:
From San Francisco:
The Bohemian Highway is just 60 miles north of San Francisco (about an hour and a half's drive).
- Take Hwy 101 North (50 miles)
- Exit onto CA-12 W toward Sebastopol (6.9 miles)
- CA-12 W becomes BODEGA AVE. (1.5 miles)
- BODEGA AVE becomes BODEGA HWY. (4.0 miles)
- Turn RIGHT onto BOHEMIAN HWY. (0.2 miles)
- You are now in Freestone at the South End of The Bohemian Highway
- Drive through the town and the valley of Freestone (1.9 miles)
- Salmon Creek School is well-marked (part of Harmony School District), and on your RIGHT
From North of Santa Rosa:
A beautiful drive along River Road on the Russian River.
- Take Hwy 101 South
- Take the exit toward FULTON
- Merge onto FULTON RD.
- Turn RIGHT onto RIVER RD.
- River Road merges with HWY 116 in Guerneville
- Continue on Hwy 116 four miles past Guerneville until you reach Monte Rio
- You are now in Monte Rio at the North End of The Bohemian Highway
- Bear LEFT at the stop sign onto BOHEMIAN HWY
- Take another immediate LEFT to stay on BOHEMIAN HWY and go over the Bridge
- Turn Right on MAIN ST to continue South on BOHEMIAN HWY (Main St becomes Bohemian Hwy)
- It's about 8 miles south to Salmon Creek School, which will be on your LEFT